Sunday 13 June 2010

New summer, new project.

So, I got home about 2 weeks ago and within a day or two I found myself bored and with nothing at all to do. So while lying atop my bed listening to the Counting Crows one night, I found myself looking at the room and decided that it was too messy. Not messy in the sense that you couldn't see the floor for all of my things covering it (Although that was also the case) but messy in the sense that every single wall was plastered in posters. So much so that the majority of the paint underneath was no longer visible. I thought to myself, "I'm 21 now, this is too childish a room for me to be living in". So being midnight on a Sunday, like every other sane person out there on the planet earth, I decided that I was going to start taking down all of the posters and begin re-decorating the room. By about 4 o'clock in the morning the majority of the posters had been removed and there was little else I could do while the rest of the house slept so I decided that it would be a good time to join them and carry on when the sun had risen.So the next day I decided to go through all of my clothes and belongings and throw out almost everything that I owned. Which was satisfying! After the clothes and belongings had been religiously removed from my bedroom I began shifting all of my belongings down to the spare bedroom where I would be living for the next few weeks/months/years depending on the length of time this project would take to come to completion. Once this was done I began sanding down all of the little holes in the walls which had been left by the wall tacks from the posters. It is at this point I could imagine most people would have gotten bored and given up from the sheer amount of tedious work involved but surprisingly I was having a great time! Next step was to plaster up all of the holes to leave a nice smooth surface to paint over.

No comments:

Post a Comment