So after the two coats of the base paint I began on the colour. A little adventurous with the selection but we'll see how it turns out. Anyway, here is the first layer of colour on the walls.
Once that was done I sat down and looked around and felt the yellow was slightly too yellow. Either that, or the blue underneath was making it look a little gaudy so the next layer I added half a pot of white into the mix and proceeded to cover yet more walls with paint. At this point the yellow, while not much different, looked a lot nicer so I decided to keep it. After that was done I touched up the edges with a small brush which took me quite a while as there were a few coats needed.
Then I ripped up the carpet and took off the skirting boards and hoovered up the dust that was left behind from the 20 odd y.o. carpet...
And now I find myself touching up small areas with paint and waiting for something else to do!